Prior Lake, MN

Nate Briese

Step 1 of 2 - Terms and Conditions


Each Person who occupies, uses or seeks to occupy or use, the Right-of-Way or place any Equipment or Facilities in the Right-of-Way, including Persons with installation and maintenance responsibilities by lease, sublease or assignment, must register with the City. Registration will consist of completing the on-line registration application, submitting a current certificate of insurance and paying an annual $25 fee to keep registration current with the City. If the registrant currently operates under a franchise agreement with the City the annual fee is waived.

Registration Prior to Work:

No Person may construct, install, repair, remove, relocate, or perform any other work on, or use any Facilities or any part thereof in any Right-of-Way without first being registered with the City.


Nothing herein shall be construed to repeal or amend the provisions of a City ordinance permitting Persons to plant or maintain boulevard plantings or gardens in the area of the Right-of-Way between their property and the street curb. Persons planting or maintaining boulevard plantings or gardens shall not be deemed to use or occupy the Right-of-Way and shall not be required to obtain any permits or satisfy any other requirements for planting or maintaining such boulevard plantings or gardens under this subsection. However, nothing herein relieves a Person from complying with the provisions of Minn.Stat. Ch. 216D, "One Call" law.

Registration Information:

(1) Information Required. The information provided to the City at the time of registration shall include, but not be limited to:

  • Each Registrant's name, Gopher One-Call registration certificate number, address and e-mail address if applicable, and telephone and facsimile numbers.
  • The name, address and e-mail address, if applicable, and telephone and facsimile numbers of the Local Representative. The Local Representative or designee shall be available at all times. Current information regarding how to contact the Local Representative in an Emergency shall be provided at the time of registration.
  • A certificate of insurance or self-insurance: verifying that an insurance policy has been issues to the Registrant by an insurance company licensed to do business in the State of Minnesota, or a form of self-insurance acceptable to the City with the following:  1) General Liability Minimum Limits: Bodily Injury and Death - $1,000,000 for    one person and $2,000,000 for each occurence, Property Damage - $500,000 for each occurence or Combination Single Limit Policy of $1,000,000 2) Automobile Liability Minimum Limits:  Bodily Injury - $1,000,000 each person and $2,000,000 each occurrence, Property Damage - $500,000 each occurrence or Combined Single Limit Policy: $1,000,000 each occurrence;
  1. verifying that the Registrant is insured against claims for personal injury, including death, as well as claims for property damage arising out of the (i) use and occupancy of the Right-of-Way by the Registrant, its officers, agents, employees and Permittees, and (ii) placement and use of Facilities in the Right-of-Way by the Registrant, its officers, agents, employees and Permittees, including but not limited to protection against liability arising from completed operations, damage of underground Facilities and collapse of property;
  2. naming the City as an additional insured as to whom the coverages required herein are in force and applicable and for whom defense will be provided as to all such coverages;
  3. Requiring that the City be notified thirty (30) days in advance of cancellation of the policy or material modification of a coverage term;
  4. Indicating comprehensive liability coverage, automobile liability coverage, workers compensation and umbrella coverage established by the City in amounts sufficient to protect the City and the public and to carry out the purposes and policies of this subsection.

(2) The City may require a copy of the actual insurance policies. If the Person is a corporation, a copy of the certificate required to be filed under Minn.Stat. Section 300.06 as recorded and certified to by the Secretary of State. A copy of the Person's order granting a certificate of authority from the Minnesota Public Utilities Commission or toher applicable state or federal agency, where the Person is lawfully required to have such certificate from said Commission or other state or federal agency.

(3) Notice of Changes. The Registrant shall keep all of the information listed above current at all times by providing to the City information as to changes within fifteen (15) days following the date on which the Registrant has knowledge of any change.